Bottled 2017 Production

All but one carboy of the 2017 Riesling is now bottled.  I'm happy with the way the product turned out this year.  My philosophy in winemaking has always been less is more, but this year I decided to filter the wine twice, with the second filtration down to 2 microns.   It's still a far cry from large wineries which filter everything fine to reduce product variability and improve stability in the bottle, but I think there is a balance to be had in how much of the particulate is removed before it starts to negatively impact taste.  For me, complexity and character is what makes a great wine.  With a small production and low overhead, I can take some risks, and I do.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2017 Riesling Clearing

2017 Riesling and All-Wise Mead Tasting